About WaikanEYE Optometrist
Eye health is very important, and at WaikanEYE Optometrists we recommend regular eye examinations to ensure you are seeing to your full potential, and that ocular disease is detected and treated in a timely fashion. Regular Eye Examinations are important at all ages: Children should have their vision examined before school age even in the absence of signs or symptoms. Children need to develop eye co-ordination, scanning and focusing skills in order to learn to read, and then to complete the cycle of education in reading to learn. Visual problems may significantly contribute to learning difficulties. Throughout the school age years, the human eye continues to grow. During this process, the eye may develop short-sightedness (myopia), long-sightedness (hyperopia), and/or astigmatism (rugby ball shape). These processes sometimes continue through the middle-age years, and then focusing at near becomes more of a problem for those over 40 (presbyopia). Eye disease becomes more prevalent as one gets older, and it is recommended that everyone over the age of 40 have regular 2 yearly examinations to check for diseases such as cataracts, glaucoma and macula degeneration to name a few.
- Fashion Frames - we have styles and colors to suit all needs, as everyone's tastes are different. We will spend time with you during the selection process and give you advice on what looks best on you. We will also ensure the frame is suitable for your chosen lens design.
- Quality Lenses - we have high quality spectacle lenses in single vision, bifocal or progressive design as needed, and we will discuss these options with you during the course of the examination.
- Own Frame Service - we are very happy to use an existing frame for new lenses provided it is in good condition - fitting fees apply. We take the utmost care with all "own frames", but are not responsible if the frame breaks during the fitting process. We check all frames at time of lens ordering, and will advise you on the condition of your "own frame".
- Dispensing - all spectacles (new or own frames) are fitted at the time of collection, ensuring they fit comfortably and in the correct position. If this is you first pair of spectacles, or you are trying a new lens design, then instruction is given with respect to adaptation and lens design.
- Ongoing Assistance - if any questions arise in the future regarding your ocular health or spectacles, we are very happy to discuss these with you.