About Callaghan and McKinlay
Taking proper care of your vision is particularly vital as you get older. For quality optical care, glasses and contact lenses, contact Callaghan & McKinlay Optometrists. We have been providing Lower Hutt and the surrounding areas with professional and affordable optometry services for over 30 years.At Callaghan & McKinlay Optometrists we don't just rush you in and out when it's time for a consultation. We make the effort to build lasting relationships with all of our valued clients. Our long and thorough examinations are aimed at providing personalised service. As we are locals, we understand our customers' concerns and do our utmost to always meet their needs.Our staff are committed to continual learning, training and education to be the best they can be. Contact us or visit our optometrists today and make certain that your eyes are getting the quality care they deserve.
- Comprehensive Eye Exam- for assessment of vision and eye health.
- Contact Lens assessment- including fitting, instruction and aftercare.
- Drivers Licence Screening- shorter consultation at a reduced fee.
- Visual Field Exam-assessments of central and peripheral vision for diagnosing glaucoma and other eye disease.
- Retinal Photography-Providing a valuable photograph of the back of the eye for future reference.
- Dilated Retinal Exam- Eye drops to dilate the pupils to allow for a more detailed examination of the back of the eye.
- Assessment and treatment of red eye
- Eyelash Removal
- Cellfield Assessments – To assess reading difficulties
- Ministry of Social Development Preferred Partner (Winz quotes)