Stratford Optometrists


About us….. we’ve got history!

Our practice was originally opened by Mr David Thatcher in February 1954.
Situated at 222 Broadway, Stratford in his own premises, he provided care for the community
until 1973 before selling the practice to Mr Laurie Marsh.The practice was then known as LR Marsh Optometrists.
He practiced until the late 70’s before returning to the United Kingdom.

Mr Kinnear Johnson  and Mr Michael Webber then purchased the practice.
And operated on Regan Street as Johnson & Webber Optometrists for 33 years.

Mrs Phillipa Charteris brought into the partnership when Mike retired in April 2010.
In July 2013 the practice moved into a newly renovated building on  Miranda Street
and chose to rebrand as Stratford Optometrists to reflect the community that we serve.
Later that year in September 2013, Kinnear began to enjoy his retirement.

Today we have Phillipa and Morgan providing full therapeutic optometric care
to the community of Stratford and Taranaki as a region using the latest technology and knowledge.